Title | Slow Dance
Director | Christopher Murphy
Producer | Alisha Bhaumik
NYU Affiliation | Undergraduate
- Actors/dancers & Choreographer.
- BARBOY (24-26) —Our barboy is a quiet, painfully shy, hopeless romantic. Though he's been out of the game for a long time, when he's not slouching or brooding, he's quite handsome to look at. He’s head over heels for WAITRESS, a girl way out of his league, and incidentally an attendee of a new dance class he's secretly taking.
- WAITRESS (24-26) — Waitress is a young wannabe actor and performer. She's sentimental, sensitive, and shies away from her own beauty and talent. She's taking a dance class to brush up for auditions, much to the irritation of her BOYFRIEND. She's noticed BARBOY looking at her before – and he's easy on the eye, but she's trying to make her current relationship work.
- BOYFRIEND (30) – A classic manly man. Boyfriend is rugged and weathered, unshaven, burly. He's put a lot of effort into treating his girl better – and controlling his temper. He's convinced that Waitress might be the one, so he's put a lot of effort into cleaning up his act and being a dependable partner. He's finally started proving his worth to her – though he won't hesitate to defend what's his.
- Choreographer: Our project also requires someone who is experienced with swing dance and confident on their feet to guide the actors through the dance sequences; if you would like to participate in the role of choreographer, we'd be thrilled to consider you for this role; other dance backgrounds such as ballroom or modern are accepted as well.
NYU Student Film being shot May 4th-7th in NYC. Slow Dance, a romantic short film about friendships, unrequited love, and slow dancing, is a non-union, undergraduate NYU student film. (Waivers are possible for non-union actors.) This is a nonpaying job, but actors will be provided with high quality copies of the finished film for their reels, and will be provided with meals. Auditions will be held March 11th and March 18th at 3-7 PM. Contact us for audition location and time slot. Please submit headshot/resume detailing any previous dance experience.
Dates of Production | May 4-7
Contact | firstname.lastname@example.org