Casting "Skip Tantrum: Mind over Matter" (Tisch Sci-Fi Thesis Film)
Daniel Nemroff's Portfolio: http://nemroff.pictures
Paula Cantillo, Josh Gleiser
Actors (see description for details)
Emotionally-repressed teenager Skip Tantrum is on a mission to find his missing crush Felicity before he’s held accountable for her disappearance. As rumors of his guilt consume his suburban town, Skip is left only with worsening hallucinations to guide his investigation. Overcoming resistance from his parents, therapist, and best friend, Skip must fight to exonerate himself and answer once and for all: Is he innocent, or is he as crazy as he looks?
We're looking for actors who can portray...
18. An introverted teen whose quiet, thoughtful nature is often mistaken for a dark, brooding one. Defined by an internal struggle between following his head and following his heart, Skip wants nothing more than the love of his lifelong crush, Felicity — the only person he feels understands him (besides his best friend Jacob). For the first time, Skip follows his heart into a romantic encounter with Felicity, but he chickens out, leaving her stranded in the back seat of a car in the dead of night. That was the last time anyone saw Felicity, and now Skip is the prime suspect of a federal investigation into her disappearance. Everyone Skip knows seems to have turned against him, and the only clues he's got to guide his search for Felicity come from the strange dreams he's been having since the night she vanished. Now, it's up to him to clear his name and save Felicity, no matter the cost — and before it's too late.
18. A logically-minded, witty teen who values his friendship with Skip more than anything. As his long-dreaded nightmare—the end of high school—inches closer, Jacob scrambles to maximize his time with Skip before they both leave their suburban town. Jacob would rather leave the work of finding Felicity to the cops, so he and Skip can enjoy their final months together. After all, if Skip is innocent, why would he need to get involved?
17. Far wiser than her age would have you believe, she is always the adult in the room. Felicity sees through everyone and doesn't have any tricks up her sleeve. A well-liked loner of sorts, she has her sights set far away from this suburban town. But she makes the most of where she is, and enjoys the people she meets along the way—even Skip, the quiet kid who obviously has a silly crush on her.
17. A proud Rubik's cube-carrying nerd and the prime target for the school bully, Craig has never fit in at school, even with the outcasts. All he wants is a friend and some attention. Is that too much to ask? Now, it looks like Skip Tantrum and Jacob Fairman need his help. This could finally be his big break.
19. Held back in elementary school, Cara has been the oldest kid in her grade ever since. Now, she's the biggest drug dealer and bully at school, at the top of her game, selling exotic new drugs that she procured through her shady uncle. When these drugs suddenly disappear, Cara knows she must track down the thief or risk falling from the top of the food chain, where she belongs. She and her goons will do whatever it takes, even if it means beating the living heck out of anyone who gets in their way.
Dates of Production
March 27-April 3
Is this for a class project?
To be filmed in the suburbs outside Philadelphia.
Transportation, housing, and (delicious) food will be provided.
Find the script here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ifveBMlEhQd3CeEMq6TnibljwsCNp8uP?usp=sharing
Please submit headshots, etc. via the email provided below. Include "TTG" somewhere in the subject line.
February 20, 2019
Contact Email or Phone Number
*DISCLAIMER: The TTG acts only as an intermediary between posting opportunities and candidates searching for opportunities. TTG is not involved in the actual transaction between these groups. As a result, TTG has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or resumes posted the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of anyone offering opportunities to or the ability of candidates to fulfill opportunities. Please see Terms and Conditions on the About page for more information.